Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

My all-time favorite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, responsable for all the Sherlock Tomes. I recently wached the latest two offerings, and found both worthwile and following in the Holmsian style. 2010 Sherlock Holmes was ....... a bit of a streach in that it seemed just a little outside of Sherlock Holmes behavior, at least in all previous writings or movies, never the less well done. Were I to put togather a cast of charictors for a new movie.........and I'v thought of it quite a bit recently over the last couple years, I believe I would cast the Holmes charictors with current actors, and mind you theres room for change, but ultimatly these are who and which charictor they would play. Sherlock Holmes would be played by Phil Colins, Dr. Watson, by Buono from U2 fame. As Irene Alder, of course my favorite actress, the part would be played by none other than Kristin Kreuk. For inspector, it's sort of a toss-up between George Cluney and Nicholas Cage, or even possably Jeff Goldblum. For Moriarty, hmmm, thats a tough one, mabe the likes of Sean Connery or possablyBruce Willis, mabe even Morgan Freeman or Forest Whitaker. Mrs. Hudson..... perhaps Kirsty Alley. An alstar cast to be sure, but without a grand director film maker, the Tallent may go unused in all their full potential so thats why I'v thought that the perfect dirrector would be Stephen Speilburg or even Francis Ford Copola. One can dream I suppose, it would be interesting to present such a cast to a producer along with a sctipt. Mabe with a year or so's time it might be able to be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment